Place:


Little Lawford  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Lawford like this:

LAWFORD (LITTLE), a township in Newbold-upon-Avon parish, Warwick; on the Northwestern railway, 2¾ miles W by N of Rugby. Real property, £1, 366. Pop., 64. Houses, 6. The manor belonged to the Allesleys; passed to the Boughtons; was the scene of the poisoning of Sir Theodosius Boughton in 1780; and went by sale, in 1793, to the Caldecotts. The mansion on it is Holbrooke Grange, and superseded a previous mansion of the Boughtons.

Little Lawford through time

Little Lawford is now part of Rugby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rugby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Lawford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Lawford, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9170

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Lawford ".