Place:


Ladbroke  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ladbroke like this:

LADBROOKE, a. parish, with a village, in Southam district, Warwick; near the river Itchen, 1½ mile ESE of Harbury r. station, and 2 S by W of Southam. Post-town, Southam, under Rugby. Acres, with Lower Hodnel and Upper Hodnel extra-parochial places, 3,951. Real property, £3,317. Pop., 274. ...


Houses, 61. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged formerly to the Palmer family, and belongs now to C. R. P. Morewood, Esq. Ladbrooke Gorse is a meet for the Warwickshire hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £441. * Patron, the Rev. T. A. Vincent. The church is ancient and very good; has a fine tower and spire; and contains a rich silver-gilt communion service, and several monuments of the Palmers. Charities, £42.

Ladbroke through time

Ladbroke is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ladbroke itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ladbroke, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9161

Date accessed: 23rd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ladbroke ".