Place:


Kinwarton  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kinwarton like this:

KINWARTON, a parish in Alcester district, Warwick; on the river Alne, 1½ mile NE of Alcester r. station. Post town, Alcester, under Bromsgrove. Acres, 480. Real property, £867. Pop., 64. Houses, 12. The property is divided among three. Kinwarton House is the residence of J. Brown, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the chapelries of Weethley and Great Alne, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £490.* Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is good.

Kinwarton through time

Kinwarton is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kinwarton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kinwarton, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9156

Date accessed: 05th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kinwarton ".