Place:


Fallodon  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fallodon like this:

FALLOWDEN, a township in Embleton parish, Northumberland; 6½ miles NNE of Alnwick. Acres, 1, 024. Pop., 104. Houses, 19. Fallowden House belonged formerly to the Woods, and belongs now to Sir George Grey, Bart. An ilex-tree here has a girth of 11 feet in the stem.

Fallodon through time

Fallodon is now part of Alnwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Alnwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fallodon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fallodon, in Alnwick and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9129

Date accessed: 11th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fallodon ".