Place:


Harborough Magna  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harborough Magna like this:

HARBOROUGH (GREAT), or HARBROUGH MAGNA, a parish in Rugby district, Warwick; on the Midland railway and the Oxford canal, 3¼ miles NW of Rugby. Post town, Rugby. Acres, 1, 580. Real property, £2, 787. Pop., 295. Houses, 85. The manor belongs to Sir Payton Skipwith, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. ...


Value, £298.* Patron, J. W. Boughton Leigh, Esq. The church is part of a very ancient one, supposed to have been monastic; consists of nave and chancel, with a tower; and has some very curiously stained glass. There are a national school, and charities £65.

Harborough Magna through time

Harborough Magna is now part of Rugby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rugby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harborough Magna itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harborough Magna, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9113

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harborough Magna ".