Place:


North Dissington  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Dissington like this:

DISSINGTON (North and South), two townships in Newburn parish, Northumberland; on the river Pont, 10 miles NW by W of Newcastle-on-Tyne. Acres, 1, 140 and 1, 342. Pop., 76 and 63. Houses, 11 and 12. The Delavels were seated here; the Collingwoods have Dissington Hall; and Admirals Sir Ralph Delavel and Lord Collingwood were natives.

North Dissington through time

North Dissington is now part of Castle Morpeth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Castle Morpeth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Dissington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Dissington, in Castle Morpeth and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9080

Date accessed: 03rd August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Dissington ".