Place:


Grandborough  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grandborough like this:

GRANDBOROUGH, a village and a parish in Rugby district, Warwick. The village stands on the river Leam, near the Oxford canal and the boundary with Northampton, 5 miles SE by E of Birdingbury r. station, and 6 NE of Southam; is a scattered place; and has a post office under Rugby. The parish includes the hamlets of woolscott and Calcutt. ...


Acres, 4, 100. Real property, £7, 510. Pop., 462. Houses, 109. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £185.* Patron, the Rev. R. Kettle. The church is ancient but good; and consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with a neat spire. There are a national school, and charities £6.

Grandborough through time

Grandborough is now part of Rugby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rugby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grandborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grandborough, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8983

Date accessed: 21st September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grandborough ".