Place:


Callaly  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Callaly like this:

CALLALEY AND YETHINGTON, a township in Whittingham parish, Northumberland; 5 miles N by W of Rothbury. Acres, 3,970. Pop., 261. Houses, 51. Callaley Hall is the seat of the Caverings; and includes some portions of an old castle. Callaley crag is crowned with remains of a Roman entrenchment.

Callaly through time

Callaly is now part of Alnwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Alnwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Callaly itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Callaly, in Alnwick and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8875

Date accessed: 25th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Callaly ".