Place:


Claverdon  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Claverdon like this:

CLAVERDON, a village and a parish in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwick. The village stands adjacent to the Hatton and Stratford railway, near the Birmingham and Stratford canal, 6½ miles N by W of Stratford; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Warwick. The parish includes also the hamlet of Langley. ...


Acres, 4, 330. Real property, £5, 912. Pop., 755. Houses, 167. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Norton Lindsey, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £265.* Patron, the Archdeacon of Worcester. The church is good; and there are charities £83.

Claverdon through time

Claverdon is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Claverdon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Claverdon, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8841

Date accessed: 26th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Claverdon ".