Place:


St Ishmaels  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Ishmaels like this:

ISHMAEL'S (ST.), a village and a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke. The village stands on Milford haven, 5½ miles W of Milford r. station; and has a post office under Milford. The parish comprises 3, 007 acres of land and 1, 160 of water. Real property, £3, 847. Pop., 469. Houses, 92. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £90. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.

St Ishmaels through time

St Ishmaels is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Ishmaels itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Ishmaels in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8788

Date accessed: 18th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Ishmaels ".