Place:


Kingston Near Lewes  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingston Near Lewes like this:

KINGSTON-BY-LEWES, a parish in Lewes district, Sussex; near the Lewes and Brighton railway, 2 miles SW of Lewehf. Post town, Lewes. Acres, 1, 653. Real property, £1, 805. Pop., 137. Houses, 27. Nearly all the property belongs to the Rev. John Goring. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Iford, in the diocese of Chichester. The church has a tower, with shingled spire; and contains a carved oak pulpit, and a brass of 1667.

Kingston Near Lewes through time

Kingston Near Lewes is now part of Lewes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lewes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingston Near Lewes itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingston Near Lewes, in Lewes and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8748

Date accessed: 08th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingston Near Lewes ".