Clydach  Glamorgan


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clydach like this:

CLYDACH, a chapelry in Llangyvelach and Cadoxton parishes, Glamorgan; on the river Tawe, and on the Swansea Vale railway, at Glais station, 5½ miles NNE of Swansea. It has a post office under Swansea. Pop., 2, 942. Houses, 556. The chapelry was constituted in 1847. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.

Clydach through time

Clydach is now part of Swansea district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swansea has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Clydach itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clydach, in Swansea and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 30th May 2024

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Clydach".