Place:


Churchover  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Churchover like this:

CHURCH-OVER, a parish in Rugby district, Warwick, on the verge of the county, Watling-street, and the Midland railway, 4¼ miles N by E of Rugby. It has a post office under Rugby. Acres, 1, 440. Real property, £3, 652. Pop., 357. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. The parish is a meet for the Atherstone hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £270. Patron, H. Grimes, Esq. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel and charities, £24.

Churchover through time

Churchover is now part of Rugby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rugby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Churchover itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Churchover, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8679

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Churchover ".