Place:


Brownsover  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brownsover like this:

BROWNSOVER, a township-chapelry in Clifton-on-Dunsmore parish, Warwick; on the Oxford canal, adjacent to the Midland and the Northwestern railways, 2 miles N by E of Rugby. Post Town, Rugby. Acres, 872. Real property, £2,300. Pop., 71. Houses, 14. Brownsover House is the seat of the Leighs. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Clifton-on-Dunsmore, in the diocese of Worcester. Laurence Sheriff, the founder of Rugby school, was a native.

Brownsover through time

Brownsover is now part of Rugby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rugby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brownsover itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brownsover, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8651

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brownsover ".