Place:


Whitgreave  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whitgreave like this:

WHITGREAVE, a township-chapelry in St. Mary and St. Chad parish, Staffordshire; 2 miles SE of Norton-Bridge r. station, and 3½ NNW of Stafford. Post town, Stafford. Real property, £4,043. Pop., 182. Houses, 33. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Marston. The church is good.

Whitgreave through time

Whitgreave is now part of Stafford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stafford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whitgreave itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whitgreave, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8611

Date accessed: 05th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whitgreave ".