Place:


Pwllcrochon  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pwllcrochon like this:

PWLLCROCHAN, a parish in the district and county of Pembroke; on Milford haven, 4¼ miles W of Pembroke r. station. Post-town, Pembroke. Acres, 3,016; of which 1, 380 are water. Real property, £1, 459. Pop., 364. Houses, 38. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £200.* Patrons, Mrs. Lukin's Trustees. The church was rebuilt in 1342, by R. Beneger, then rector; and contains a monument to him. There is an endowed school, with £12 a year.

Pwllcrochon through time

Pwllcrochon is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pwllcrochon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pwllcrochon in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8605

Date accessed: 18th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pwllcrochon ".