Place:


Wall  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wall like this:

WALL, a township and a chapelry in Lichfield-St. Michael parish, Stafford. The township lies on Watling-street, 2¼ miles SSW of Lichfield r. station; and includes the site of the Roman Etocetum, where Roman bricks and pavements, and other Roman remains have been found. Pop., 87. Houses, 19. The chapelry was constituted in 1845. Post town, Lichfield. Pop, 243. Houses, 45. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £53.* Patron, the Rector of St. Michael.

Wall through time

Wall is now part of Lichfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lichfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wall, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8589

Date accessed: 24th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wall ".