Place:


Amington  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Amington like this:

ALMINGTON and STONY-DELPH, a township in Tamworth parish, Warwick; on the river Anker, near the Coventry canal and the Midland Counties railway, 2 miles NE of Tamworth. Pop., 449. Houses, 85. Almington Hall was formerly the seat of the Clintons, and is now the seat of the Repingtons.

Amington through time

Amington is now part of Tamworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tamworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Amington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Amington, in Tamworth and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8524

Date accessed: 04th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Amington ".