Place:


Porthceri  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Porthceri like this:

PORTHKERRY, or Porth-Ceri, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; on the coast, 7 miles S of Peterston r. station and 10 S W of Cardiff. Post-town, Cowbridge. Acres, 1, 131; of which 215 are water. Real property, £1,060. Pop., 168. Houses, 32. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged formerly to the St. Johns of Bletsoe; and, with P. House, belongs now to the Romilly family. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Barry, in the diocese of Llan-daff. Value, £289.* Patrons, the Heirs of the late Sir S. Romilly. The church is good.

Porthceri through time

Porthceri is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Porthceri itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Porthceri in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8516

Date accessed: 28th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Porthceri ".