Place:


Seighford  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Seighford like this:

SEIGHFORD, a parish, with four villages, in the district and county of Stafford; 2½ miles N W of Stafford r.station. Post-town, Stafford. Acres, 4, 451. Real property, £6, 778. Pop., 808. Houses, 164. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to F. Eld, Esq. S. Hall is the chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £1 89.* Patron, F. Eld, Esq. The church is good; and there is a chapel, forming a separate charge, at Derrington. There are also a slightly endowed school, and charities £11.

Seighford through time

Seighford is now part of Stafford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stafford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Seighford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Seighford, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8506

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Seighford ".