Place:


Pistyll  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pistyll like this:

PISTILL, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the W coast of the Lleyn peninsula, under Rivel mountain, 1½ mile N N E of Nevin, and 5½ N W of Pwllheli r.station. Post-town, Nevin, under Pwllheli. Acres, 3, 949; of which 138 are water. Real property, £1, 276. Pop., 495. Houses, 124. The property is divided among a few. Granite is quarried for shipment to London. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Edern, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is ancient; and there is a dissenting chapel.

Pistyll through time

Pistyll is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pistyll itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pistyll, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8503

Date accessed: 26th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pistyll ".