Place:


Milwich  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Milwich like this:

MILWICH, a village and a parish in Stone district, Stafford. The village stands on a small affluent of the river Trent, 2½ miles NE of Sandon r. station, and 4¾ SE by E of Stone. The parish contains also the hamlets of Coton, Garshall-Green, and part of Dayhills; and its Post town is Stone. ...


Acres, 2,987. Real property, £4,867. Pop., 567. Houses, 127. The property is much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £95. * Patron, G. Lewis Dyve, Esq. The church is a modern brick structure, with an ancient stone tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities.£.20.

Milwich through time

Milwich is now part of Stafford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stafford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Milwich itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milwich, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8418

Date accessed: 09th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Milwich ".