Place:


Nicholaston  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nicholaston like this:

NICHOLASTON, a parish in Swansea district, Glamorgan; on Oxwich bay, in the Gower peninsula, 1¾mile E N E of Penrice, and 10 W S W of Swansea r. station. It contains the hamlet of Manselfield; and its post town is Swansea. Acres, 731; of which 105 are water. Real property, £427. Pop., 109. Houses, 26. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Oxwich, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £224.* Patron,R. M. Talbot, Esq. The church is ancient and good.

Nicholaston through time

Nicholaston is now part of Swansea district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swansea has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nicholaston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nicholaston, in Swansea and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8395

Date accessed: 10th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nicholaston ".