Place:


Wilbarston  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wilbarston like this:

WILBARSTON, a parish, with a village, in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton; 2½ miles S of Medbourne-Bridge r. station, and 5½ E of Market-Harborough. It has a post-office under Market-Harborough. Acres, 2,800. Real property, £3,908. Pop., 721. Houses, 150. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £250. Patron, G. L. Watson, Esq. The church is early English, and has a tower and spire. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £11.

Wilbarston through time

Wilbarston is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wilbarston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wilbarston, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8350

Date accessed: 12th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wilbarston".