Place:


Weston by Welland  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston By Welland like this:

WESTON-BY-WELLAND, a parish in the district of Market-Harborough, and county of Northampton; on the river Welland, 1 mile W of Medbourne-Bridge r. station, and 4 NE of Market-Harborough. Post town, Market-Harborough. Acres, 1,640. Real property, £2,239. Pop., 204. Houses, 46. The manor belongs to H. H. Hungerford, Esq. The living is a vicarage, united with Sutton-Bassett, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £425.* The Rev. S. Danby. The church was restored in 1865. There is a parochial school.

Weston by Welland through time

Weston By Welland is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weston By Welland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston by Welland, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8342

Date accessed: 19th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Weston By Welland".