Place:


Elsted  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Elsted like this:

ELSTED, a parish in Midhurst district, Sussex; with a st. on the Midhurst and Petersfield railway; 4¾ miles WSW of Midhurst. Post town, Petersfield. Acres, 1, 789. Real property, £1, 470. Pop., 174. Houses, 37. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Treyford and the vicarage of Didling, in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £331. Patron, the Hon. Mrs. V. Harcourt. The church is partly Norman.

Elsted through time

Elsted is now part of Chichester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chichester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Elsted itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Elsted, in Chichester and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8340

Date accessed: 21st September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Elsted ".