Place:


Wappenham  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wappenham like this:

WAPPENHAM, a parish, with a village and two hamlets, in Towcester and Brackley districts, Northampton; 5 miles SW of Towcester r. station. Post town, Towcester. Acres, 2,980. Real property, £3,604. Pop., 650. Houses, 136. The manor belongs to Lord Southampton. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £470.* Patron, the Bishop of P. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £30.

Wappenham through time

Wappenham is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wappenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wappenham in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8265

Date accessed: 13th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wappenham ".