Place:


Walgrave  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walgrave like this:

WALGRAVE, a parish, with a village, in Brixworth district, Northampton; 4¼ miles E by N of Brixworth r. station. It has a post-office under Northampton. Acres, 2,040. Real property, £4,291. Pop., 650. Houses, 141. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £500. Patron, the Bishop of P. The church is handsome, and has a tower and spire. There are two Baptist chapels, a national school, and charities £80.

Walgrave through time

Walgrave is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Walgrave itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walgrave, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8262

Date accessed: 25th June 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Walgrave ".