Place:


Upton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Upton like this:

UPTON, a chapelry in Castor parish, Northampton; 2½ miles NE of Wansford r. station. Post town, Peterborough. Acres, 1,680. Real property, £1,220. Pop., 100. Houses, 23. Nearly all the property belongs to the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £239. Patron, the Bishop of P. The church was renovated in 1863.

Upton through time

Upton is now part of Peterborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Peterborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Upton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Upton, in Peterborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8253

Date accessed: 21st June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Upton".