Place:


Bepton  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bepton like this:

BEPTON, a parish in Midhurst district, Sussex; 2½ miles SW of Midhurst r. station, and 5½ ESE of Petersfield. Post Town, Midhurst. Acres, 1,224. Real protron, Prince of Wales. Dr. Cowper, chaplain to George II., and father of Cowper the poet, was rector. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £127. Patron, the Earl of Egmont.

Bepton through time

Bepton is now part of Chichester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chichester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bepton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bepton, in Chichester and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8239

Date accessed: 06th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bepton ".