Place:


Kingston  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingston like this:

KINGSTON, a village and a parish in Uttoxeter district, Stafford. The village stands 2 miles S of Bramshall r. station, and 3½ SW by S of Uttoxeter. The parish extends to the river Blithe, and includes the hamlet of Blithe-Bridge. Post town, Uttoxeter, under Stokeupon-Trent. Acres, 2, 009. ...


Real property, £2, 673. Pop., 312. Houses, 65. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Earl of Shrewsbury. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £68. Patron, the Earl of ShrewsburyThe church was rebuilt in 1861, and is in the early English style. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.

Kingston through time

Kingston is now part of East Staffordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Staffordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingston in East Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8210

Date accessed: 16th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingston ".