Place:


Tansor  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tansor like this:

TANSOR, a parish in Oundle district, Northampton; on the river Nen and the Northampton and Peterborough railway, 2 miles NNE of Oundle. Post town, Oundle. Acres, 2,050. Real property, £2,457. Pop., 248. Houses, 58. The manor belongs to the Earl of Westmoreland. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £283.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church is partly Norman, partly early English. Charities, £39.

Tansor through time

Tansor is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tansor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tansor in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8203

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tansor ".