Place:


Stuchbury  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stuchbury like this:

STUTCHBURY, or Stotsbury, a parish in Brackley district, Northampton; 5 miles N by W of Brackley r. station. Post town, Brackley. Acres, 1,007. Real property, £1,736. Pop., 23. Houses, 4. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £23. Patron, the University of Oxford. There is no church.

Stuchbury through time

Stuchbury is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stuchbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stuchbury in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8187

Date accessed: 23rd June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stuchbury".