Place:


Spratton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Spratton like this:

SPRATTON, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Brixworth district, Northamptonshire. The village stands 1¼ mile W of the Northampton and Leicester railway, and 6¾ NNW of Northampton; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Northampton-The parish includes Little Creaton hamlet, and comprises 2,810 acres. ...


Real property, £5,715. Pop. in 1851, 961; in 1861, 1,086. Houses, 241. The property is much subdivided. S. Halland S.-Hill House are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £371.* Patron, J. E. Bartlett, Esq. The church was restored in 1847. There are chapels for Independents and Baptists, a free school, and a town and church estate £60.—The sub-district contains ten parishes. Acres, 23,600. Pop., 5,914. Houses, 1,298.

Spratton through time

Spratton is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Spratton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Spratton, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8170

Date accessed: 13th April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Spratton ".