Place:


Himley  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Himley like this:

HIMLEY, a parish in Wolverhampton district, Stafford; near the Stafford and Worcester canal, 3 miles NNW of Brierley-Hill r. station, and 3¾ W by N of Dudley. Post town, Dudley. Acres, 1, 185. Real property, £2, 939. Pop., 367. Houses, 75. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Himley Hall, belongs to the Earl of Dudley. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £315.* Patron, the Earl of Dudley. The church was built in 1764. Charities £4 18s.

Himley through time

Himley is now part of South Staffordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Staffordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Himley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Himley in South Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8166

Date accessed: 04th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Himley ".