Place:


Rushton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rushton like this:

RUSHTON, a village and a parish in Kettering district, Northampton. The village stands on the river Ise, and on the Leicester and Hitchin railway, 3½ miles N N W of Kettering; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Kettering. The parish comprises 2, 960 acres. Real property, £5, 201. ...


Pop., 484. Houses, 93. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with R. Hall, belonged to the Cockaynes, passed to the Hopes, and belongs now to W.C. Thornhill, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £700. Patron, W.C. Thornhill, Esq. The church is ancient. There is a national school.

Rushton through time

Rushton is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rushton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rushton, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8146

Date accessed: 16th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rushton ".