Place:


Radstone  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Radstone like this:

RADSTONE, a parish in Brackley district, Northampton; 2¾ miles N of Brackley r. station. Post-town, Brackley. Acres, 810. Real property, £1, 425. Pop., 168. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Rev.W. Holbeck. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £118. Patron, the Rev.W. Holbeck. The church is ancient; was recently restored; and has a low Saxon tower, and a Norman font. There is an endowed school with £20 a year.

Radstone through time

Radstone is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Radstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Radstone in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8135

Date accessed: 23rd June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Radstone".