Place:


Old  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Old like this:

OLD, or Wold, village and a parish in Brixworth district, Northampton. The village stands 2¾ miles S E of Lamport r. station, and 6½ S W of Kettering; and has a post-office under Northampton. The parish comprises 1, 650 acres. Real property, £3, 874. Pop., 472. Houses, 118. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £355.* Patron, Brasenose College, Oxford. The church is good, and has a tower. There are an Independent chapel, an endowed school with £26 a year, and charities £106.

Old through time

Old is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Old itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Old, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8110

Date accessed: 22nd January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Old ".