Place:


Newton Bromswold  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newton Bromswold like this:

NEWTON-BROMSHOLD, a parish, with a village, in Wellingborough district, Northampton; adjacent to Beds, 3 miles S E of Higham-Ferrers, and 4¼ N of Sharnbrook r. station. Post-town, Higham-Ferrers. Acres, 1, 740. Real property, £797. Pop., 163. Houses, 33. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £200* Patron, All Souls College, Oxford The church is ancient and tolerable; consists of nave, N aisle, and chancel, with tower and spire; and contains six sedilia, a piscina, and two ancient brasses.

Newton Bromswold through time

Newton Bromswold is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Newton Bromswold itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newton Bromswold in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8104

Date accessed: 28th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Newton Bromswold ".