Place:


Marston Trussel  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marston Trussel like this:

MARSTON-TRUSSELL, a village and a parish in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton. The village stands adjacent to the boundary with Leicester, 1¾ mile E of Theddingworth r. station, and 3 W by S of Market-Harborough. The parish, in some sense, includes also Thorpe-Lubenham, which otherwise is an extra-parochial tract. ...


Post town, Marlket-Harborough. Acres, with T. L., 1,640. Real property, exclusive of T. L., £2,432; inc. of T. L., £3,376. Pop., exc. of T. L., 219. Houses, 48. Pop., inc. of T. L., 244. Houses, 50. The manor-farm, with Marston-Trussell Hall, belongs to B. E. Bennett, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Valne, £500.* Patron, the Rev. W. Law. The church is of the 14th centnry; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with embattled tower. There are a parochial school, and charities £6.

Marston Trussel through time

Marston Trussel is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Marston Trussel itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marston Trussel, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8077

Date accessed: 20th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Marston Trussel".