Place:


Edingale  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edingale like this:

EDINGALE, or Edinghall, a parish in Tamworth district, Stafford; on the verge of the county, at the river Meese, adjacent to the Derby and Birmingham railway, near Croxall r. station, 5 miles N of Tamworth. Post town, Elford, under Tamworth. Acres, 900. Real property, £1, 334. Pop., 208. Houses, 49. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £80.* Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is good. Charities, £4. Buckeridge, the antiquary, was incumbent.

Edingale through time

Edingale is now part of Lichfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lichfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edingale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edingale, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8043

Date accessed: 05th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edingale ".