Place:


Kelmarsh  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kelmarsh like this:

KELMARSH, a village and a parish in the district of Market-Harborough, and county of Northampton. The village stands near the Market-Harborough and Northampton railway, 5 miles S of Market-Harborough; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Northampton. Acres, 2, 751. Real property, £5, 826. ...


Pop., 167. Houses, 31. The manor, with Kelmarsh Hall, belongs to R.Naylor, Esq. The land is chiefly in pasture. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £640. * Patron, R.Naylor, Esq. The church is early English, in good condition; and has a spire. There is a national school.

Kelmarsh through time

Kelmarsh is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kelmarsh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kelmarsh, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8040

Date accessed: 15th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kelmarsh".