Place:


Isham  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Isham like this:

ISHAM, a village and a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton. The village stands on an affluent of the river Nen, near the Midland railway, 3 miles SSE of Kettering; and has a station, jointly with Burton-Latimer, on the railway, and a post office under Wellingborough. The parish comprises 1, 150 acres. ...


Real property, £2, 933. Pop., 433. Houses, 93. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Hon. Mrs. Pery. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £450.* Patron, the Bishop of Peterborough. The church is good, and has a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £76.

Isham through time

Isham is now part of Wellingborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wellingborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Isham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Isham, in Wellingborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8037

Date accessed: 16th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Isham ".