Place:


Draycott in the Clay  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Draycott in the Clay like this:

DRAYCOTT-IN-THE-CLAY, a township in Hanbury parish, Stafford; near the river Dove, 4¼ miles SE of Uttoxeter. It includes the hamlets of Moreton and Stubby-Lane. Pop., 484. Houses, 107.

Draycott in the Clay through time

Draycott in the Clay is now part of East Staffordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Staffordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Draycott in the Clay itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Draycott in the Clay in East Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8028

Date accessed: 11th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Draycott in the Clay ".