Place:


Denstone  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Denstone like this:

DENSTON, a township-chapelry in Alton parish, Stafford; near Rocester-Junction r. station, 5 miles N of Uttoxeter. Post town, Rocester, under Ashborne. Real property, £1, 489. Pop., 241. Houses, 53. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150. Patron, Sir T. P. Heywood, Bart. A great middle-class school or college was founded in 1869.

Denstone through time

Denstone is now part of East Staffordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Staffordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Denstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Denstone in East Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8025

Date accessed: 19th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Denstone ".