Place:


Holcot  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Holcot like this:

HOLCOT, a village and a parish in Brixworth district, Northampton. The village stands near an affluent of the river Nen, 3 miles E of Spratton r. station and 3½ SE of Brixworth; and has a postal letter box under Northampton. The parish comprises 1, 670 acres. Real property, £2, 824. Pop., 517. Houses, 116. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £396.* Patron, the Rev. R. Montgomery. The church is ancient but good, and has a small neat tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £27.

Holcot through time

Holcot is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Holcot itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Holcot, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8021

Date accessed: 22nd January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Holcot ".