Place:


Castle Church  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Castle Church like this:

CASTLE-CHURCH, a parish and a subdistrict in the district and county of Stafford. The parish adjoins the south-western suburbs of Stafford; and includes the townships of Forebridge and Rickerscote. Post Town, Stafford. Acres, 3,774. Rated property, £15,772. Pop., 3,362. Houses, 669. The property is much subdivided. ...


The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £120.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old but good. A district church, forming a separate charge, is in Forebridge; and there is a neat Roman Catholic chapel.-The subdistrict contains three parishes and part of another. Acres, 13,071. Pop., 5,413. Houses, 1,089.

Castle Church through time

Castle Church is now part of Stafford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stafford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Castle Church itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Castle Church, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7989

Date accessed: 12th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Castle Church ".