Place:


Hellidon  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hellidon like this:

HELLIDON, a village and a parish in Daventry district, Northampton. The village stands near the source of the Leam, and near the boundary with Warwickshire, 5 miles SW of Daventry, and 7 NE of Fenny-Compton r. station; and has a post office under Daventry. The parish comprises 1, 478 acres. Real property, £2, 827. ...


Pop., 449. Houses, 99. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to James Attenborough, Esq. The surface is hilly, and commands beautiful views. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £105.* Patron, the Rev.S. Holthouse. The church is early decorated English; consists of nave and chancel, with porch and tower; and was recently repaired. There are a dissenting chapel, an endowed school with £20, and other charities with £7.

Hellidon through time

Hellidon is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hellidon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hellidon, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7985

Date accessed: 23rd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hellidon ".