Place:


Glendon  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Glendon like this:

GLENDON, a parish in Kettering district, Northampton; adjacent to the Leicester and Bedford railway, 2½ miles NW of Kettering. Post town, Kettering. The returns include the extra-parochial tract of Barford. Acres, 1, 490. Real property, £1, 896. Pop., 63. Houses, 10. Glendon Hall is the seat of the Booth family, and contains some interesting portraits. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £35. Patrons, the Executors of the late Mr. Booth.

Glendon through time

Glendon is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Glendon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glendon, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7945

Date accessed: 16th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Glendon ".