Place:


Wickham Skeith  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wickham Skeith like this:

WICKHAM-SKEITH, a parish, with a village, in Hartismere district, Suffolk; 2 miles E of Finningham r. station, and 4½ SW by .S of Eye. Post town, Stonham. Acres, 1,770. Real property, £3,233. Pop., 564. Houses, 124. The property is much subdivided. W. Hall was rebuilt in 1846, and is now the parsonage. Many Saxon coins have been found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £130. Patron, the Rev.Garrard. The church was restored in 1858. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a parochial school, and townlands £20.

Wickham Skeith through time

Wickham Skeith is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wickham Skeith itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wickham Skeith in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7941

Date accessed: 24th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wickham Skeith ".